tagged 1920s, 1950s, 1970s, Contest, fashion, mid-century, mod, retro, summer, vintage and Vintage Fashion Friday
BAM! Just like the solar-flare spitting Sun, we are blazing through the Summer!
Come beat the heat with another ultra-cool edition of Vintage Fashion Friday.
And you don’t need to stand around doing the Pee-Pee Dance until Friday to get sweet Vintage relief.
Just follow @VintageMable on Twitter for your daily dose of vintage love.
- Still looking for your signature summer swimsuit? Our featured Vintage Bathing Suits will blow the competition out of the water!
- @hummingbirdgrls you make that vintage plaid shirt + denim skirt look fab! The wedges + necklace are purrfect deets! http://ow.ly/chfPZ
- How did models in the #50s get such tiny waists? The low down on waist training: http://ow.ly/chhwz from @whvblog #fashion
- @LeSocialiste #Vintage Dress #Giveaway http://ow.ly/chhTh on the @friedasophie blog! #win #summer #70s #clothes (ends on July 22nd at 8pm)
- Modern #Vintage: The Roaring #20s fashion roundup from @mandaMiskabelle: http://ow.ly/chieh #flapper #jazz #GreatGatsby
- This #pinup photographer in the #OC that is a slice of vintage heaven! http://girlieshowphotography.com
- Ask @SLVintage your #vintage #fashion question for a chance to #win a $10 Starbucks card! http://ow.ly/cl3lJ
- @sammydavis22 shares two cute takes on a #50s Style Wiggle Dress from the @StopStaring Challenge: http://ow.ly/cl3GP #vintage #fashion
- #Win $50 of #vintage modern #clothes from @ShopRuche at the @OrchidGrey blog: http://ow.ly/cmQ9k #contest ends 7/23
Image credit: luliieislove on Polyvore
tagged 1950s, 1970s, 1980s, Contest, fashion, mid-century, mod, recycled, retro, tips and tutorials, vintage and Vintage Fashion Friday
Greetings, Magic Maker. And Happy Friday the 13th! Don’t believe the hype about today being unlucky.
In fact, Friday the 13th is an especially lucky day! So choose your own adventure by expecting good luck.
It will appear for you.
So can you believe we’ve only been doing Vintage Fashion Fridays for 1 full month now? I guess it’s like any good habit: it felt fun from day one, so we just kept at it
Remember, you don’t have to wait a full week to to get your fix of vintage magic.
Follow @VintageMable and feast your eyeballs on our daily finds.
- Cuties @mandaMiskabelle & @jaymeMiskabelle: “wear what you are comfortable in & what looks good on you” http://ow.ly/c7nTq #fashion
- Modern #Vintage: Audrey Tautou channeling Audrey Hepburn & Coco Chanel http://ow.ly/c7oB6 from @whvblog #fashion #photography #50s
- Wish I could ask every vintage fan these Qs… Maybe a new weekly blog feature??? 5 questions w/ a #vintage clothes lover http://ow.ly/c7pHU
- The best #vintage shops in #Portland: http://ow.ly/c7q29 #fashion #shopping
- 5 Online #Consignment Stores to Sell Your #Designer Clothes: http://ow.ly/cccIx from @sammydavis22 #fashion
- My inner 80s child is stoked! RT @liketotally80s: New 8 on 80s with some totally radical examples of #80s #design http://t.co/nMhqJW6u
- Visionary! RT @fasinfrankmain Not only do we dedicate our lives to recycling clothing, but our van runs on natural gas http://ow.ly/cceOl #ecofriendly
- RT HUGE #Giveaway from @pussycatvintage @cutandchic @mandaMiskabelle @jessjudkins & many more! http://t.co/WCiGxd5t #vintage #contest
Image credit: scenepanda97 on Polyvore
tagged 1920s, 1950s, 1970s, 1980s, fashion, mid-century, mod, retro, vintage and Vintage Fashion Friday
Oh hey, gorgeous. I’m so glad you came by! Welcome to the 3rd installment of Vintage Fashion Friday.
You know what the say: third time’s a charm
If you’ve got a touch of ADD or an old-fashioned streak of impatience, you need a daily dose of vintage magic.
Follow @VintageMable to get your fix!
- sleepyhead vintage is our newest featured vintage shop! If statement pieces are your fashion forte, sleepyhead will whisk you into your favorite daydream…
- Doesn’t @starrcrow look amazing in that hi-low Galaxy Skirt!? http://ow.ly/bYrJ5 #fashion #photography
- *jaw drop* Clearly she’s perfected #timetravel! RT @myvintagevogue: Vintage blog of the day http://t.co/n7fYYyAv @IddavanMunster
- 70′s chiffon dress…. with spirit orb? http://ow.ly/bYsfR from @bloomingleopold #lucky #unexplainable
- Just added @whvblog to our twitter list #Vintage Heaven. Eye candy for days! http://ow.ly/bZyED
- SO much squeel-inducing cute @ the Jazz Age Lawn Party! http://ow.ly/bYsHh from @keikolynn #1920s #flapper #vintage #fashion
- The Blue Dress (that makes me want to rethink my whole wardrobe) http://ow.ly/bYt6L from @ADTDressUp
- Modern Vintage: Babe at the BBQ #summer #fashion inspo: http://ow.ly/c3TCu from @mandaMiskabelle
tagged 1950s, 1970s, 1980s, Contest, fashion, mid-century, mod, retro, vintage and Vintage Fashion Friday
Hola, Magic-Maker! Welcome to another delightful Vintage Fashion Friday…
or as I like to call it… FASHION TIME TRAVEL FRIDAY*
Don’t like waiting all week for the goods? Yah, me neither. For your daily dose of vintage awesome, follow @VintageMable on Twitter!
- “Dior: A Life in Pictures” re-created scenes from #vintage photos w/ live models in a gorgeous fashion tribute: http://ow.ly/bOvzC
- @mandaMiskabelle Every decade in the “Modern Vintage Pool Party” is SO CUTE! http://ow.ly/bOO5K #fashion #style
- World’s Oldest #Purse Unearthed—You’ll Never Guess What it’s Studded With! http://ow.ly/bUPKe #weird
- New #Vintage Shop opened in Napa Valley is helping fund #hospice care: http://ow.ly/bOvWG #charity
- @hawaiivintage is the featured @LivingSocial daily deal today! $40 of vintage clothing for only $20 – ow.ly/bRiJt – That’s 1/2 OFF!
- @TAVIK swimwear will have more “exotic prints & unique fabrics” thanks to new designer @ANIbikinis http://ow.ly/bOLkd #vintage #style
- Aspiring #fashion #designers: @ModCloth & @TeenVogue want your winter design sketches! http://ow.ly/bOM3o #contest #win
- @calivint Erin I think your bi/weekly fashion roundups will frequently end up being featured on ours Cute City! http://ow.ly/bOMIt
- The @nastygal sale just got even more awesome. Take an extra 30% off all sale through July 4th! http://ow.ly/bTkEp
To all our readers in the US, enjoy the upcoming 4th of July parties. Everyone else, may your week be full of joyous festivities, too. <3
* I don’t really call it that. But maybe I should. Has a ring to it, yes?
Image credit: huichinlu on Polyvore
tagged 1950s, 1980s, Contest, fashion, funny, Indie, mid-century, mod, Nerd, retro, tips and tutorials, vintage and Vintage Fashion Friday
Hey there, hot stuff. Welcome to the first of many fantastic Vintage Fashion Fridays!
There are approximately eleventy billion* brilliant examples of fierce vintage fashion online. Since there are only 24 hours in a day, and life isn’t going to live itself, we decided to start a weekly roundup to showcase the best and brightest.
For your daily dose of vintage pretties, follow @VintageMable on Twitter!
- Learn How to Style a Wire Headband from @ModCloth http://ow.ly/bFfjQ #vintage #fashion #tip
- Oh this is cute! @British_Airways had a #vintage #fashion show w/ some of their 400+ uniform changes! http://ow.ly/bF8iv
- DOTTO #Vintage Dress #Giveaway. Pick your favorite from Nicole’s #Etsy shop & #win! http://ow.ly/bFdp2
- Love this dramatic repro jewelry from Charlize’s Queen character in #SnowWhite. Love the sale too! http://ow.ly/bAHvT #swath
- Learn the craft of #Vintage Shopping @ Thrift Stores: http://ow.ly/bF8ov #tip
- @SwaggerNewYork Agreed, Apple’s #Vintage Clothing Line is kinda hot: http://ow.ly/bFcJk #lol #ironic #hipster #nerd
- Love this #vintage “Fatten-U-Up” ad from @madfashionista. Beauty standards are always in flux. http://ow.ly/bFdMG #plussize #LoveYourBody
- @selenagomez looks gorgeous in #80s & #50s #vintage #fashion in this new photoshoot: http://ow.ly/bF6Mb
- Gawd. These spacey Intergalactic Leggings from @NastyGal are fab. #Fashion must have for #summer! http://ow.ly/bF6AB
- Time for a wardrobe revamp. Let’s have a tie dyeing party with @VintageStyleMe: http://ow.ly/bFf3s #tutorial #DIY
* We made up that number, but it seems pretty accurate.
Image credit: k10polyv on Polyvore
tagged art, crafts, eco-friendly, exclusive, handmade, one-of-a-kind, under-$25, Unique and vintage
The teeny History in a Bottle jars are part time capsule and part goodie bag. You never know just what you’ll get, but it’s guaranteed to be an assortment of vintage pretties.
What will you make with your bottle of time traveled treats?
Twine Shop is the perfect blend of lovely goodies and conscious consumerism. They offer “natural materials, great design, handmade goods, and unique surprises”. Visit their shop for more amazing gifts and goodies.
Mable’s guide to Steampunk Clothing is a great place to start when putting together your own custom costume.
Check out BuyCostumes for their Steampunk kits; if you’re just looking for a quick one-night costume.
Of course there is even the now famous Steampunk Emporium if you are looking for high quality everyday wear. They have excellent outfits ready to buy for many Victorian/Steampunk characters.
Where do you buy your Steampunk gear?
Here’s a gift for all of our readers who dabble in the noble art of selling vintage clothing online. If it weren’t for you, our closets would be drab and monotonously modern!
There’s a lot of competition out there, and we want to share some expert tips for selling success. Follow our 7 Pro Tips For Doubling Profits on Your Vintage Clothing Auctions and watch your sales explode.
Here’s a succulent sample of what you’ll learn…
Creative Copy: It’s a fact of sales: People buy on emotion and rationalize with logic. As a seller, it’s your job to engage your customer’s emotions to help them get excited about your clothes. When you truly understand this, your sales will skyrocket. Use bold, descriptive, and conversational text in your auctions. Paint “word pictures” to transport your customers from their computer screens directly into your clothing. What will it be like to wear that gorgeous mint condition 1970s Boho dress? How will they feel? How will the world respond to them? What celebrities or movies/TV shows have been rocking that look? What kinds of clothing and accessories would really compliment the outfit? Write as though you were telling your best girlfriend about your newest thrift score.
Ready to learn more and double your eBay profits? Read the full article and you’ll be on your way!
Image credit: dooq
tagged bedroom, eco-friendly, furniture, handmade, over-$200, recycled, retro, splurge, Unique, vintage and Viva-Terra
The King Gustav Bed will please even the most royal of tastes. It’s hand crafted in the USA from wood that is repurposed from demolished buildings. That means no new trees were cut to create the Gustavian Bed, yet it’s materials are up to 100 years old! Now you can enjoy the gorgeous textural character of ancient fir wood and help the planet at the same time.
Comes in dark and light shades and fits twin all the way up to California King mattresses. Curious about the name? Visit Viva Terra to learn how Swedish King Gustav got this bed named after him…
What if I said my time machine was a cardboard box I colored with crayons in my closet … would you give me money or just a strange look?
Well, then how about I just make it easier for the both of us and you can pick your own damn retro shoes from Endless.com. They specialize in not only free shipping, but free overnight, free two day shipping, AND even free return shipping if you don’t approve.
Retro & vintage shoes aren’t super common these days, but they are making a big resurgence in the fashion world that’s for sure.
If you are a big retro fan like Mable’s crew is be sure to check out our retro phone, vintage swimsuits, 70′s clothing store, and more vintage shopping guides all over Mables.com for your sweet nostalgia fix.